Data Analyst 10/2008 - Present
University of South Florida Upward Bound Program, Tampa FL
- Plan, coordinate, research, develop, write, revise, and secure funding for the competitive federal renewal application through grants.gov, as well as prepare supplemental funding proposals.
- Employ VBA macros, SQL, protections,
formulas, and calculations to develop databases, spreadsheets, formative and summative
reports, and correspondence for students, staff, governmental
agencies, and the community, including verifying and submitting the annual performance report.
- Document and evaluate policies, procedures, plans, satisfaction surveys,
and activities of program.
- Design, implement, and maintain program website, application forms, social networks, manuals, training guides, web design course curriculum, and marketing materials.
- Develop and maintain intake and verification
database to automate the application process, ensure completeness, validate eligibility, and enable impartial evaluation of student applicants.
Analyst (Consultant) 7/2008 - 12/2008
SmartRevenue, Tampa, FL
- Prepared data for analysis by
labeling it and importing it from Excel into SPSS and cleaning
- Analyzed data by creating variables and running
frequencies, cross tabs, and other SPSS features.
- Used Excel and
PowerPoint to produce client presentations that include charts,
tables, and graphs. Methods include sorting, filtering,
conditional formatting, and using macros.
Scientific Editor -5/2005 - 5/2008
University of Florida, Gainesville, FL
- Compiled, wrote, formatted,
and edited manuscripts, presentations, reports, and
- Coordinated multiple grant applications and
monitored multi-million dollar grants.
- Researched, entered,
calculated, graphed, and formatted numerical and textual data.
- Designed, created, and maintained patent and reference databases
with thousands of records.
- Read, deciphered, and assisted with
filing patent applications and correspondence.
installed, and repaired software and hardware.
Technical Writer - 9/2004 - 5/2005
University of Central Florida Public Safety Technology Center, Orlando, FL
- Created and managed online and print
documentation for an IT development group.
- Applied style and
usability standards to plan, write, design, edit, and implement
- Used Word, Excel, Visio, and FastHelp to produce
online help files, IT manuals, and specifications.
developers and interacted with clients to accurately document
- Graduate Certificate - Instructional Technology: Web Design 2011 University of South Florida, Tampa
- Master of Arts -Technical Communication 2005 University of Central Florida, Orlando
Thesis: "Only Screen Deep? Evaluating Aesthetics, Usability, and Satisfaction in Informational Websites"
Honors: Graduate assistantships, Orlando STC Melissa Pellegrin Scholarship, GPA 3.97
- Bachelor of Science - Interdisciplinary Studies- Computer Science, Statistics, and Environmental Studies 2003 University of Central Florida, Orlando
Honors: National Merit Scholar, Provost Scholar, Honors Program, President’s and Dean’s Lists, Florida Academic Scholar, UCF Environmental Society Vice President, Gender Gazette Editor, GPA 3.65
- Society for Technical Communication
- Association of Educational Communication and Technologies
- Florida Association of Educational Opportunity Program Personnel (FAEOPP)
- Southeastern Association of Educational Opportunity Program Personnel (SAEOPP)
Download Resume in PDF , DOC, TXT