CARRIE BLAUSTEIN * WRITEITUSEIT * TRI-TECHNOLOGY
Data Analyst 10/2008 - Present
University of South Florida Upward Bound Program, Tampa FL
- Coordinate grant completion including securing funding for a 3.5 million dollar federal grant.
- Develop databases and customized reports using Access, Blumen, SAS, SQL, and SPSS.
- Compile and analyze data to improve best practices and demonstrate program effectiveness.
- Prepare, verify, and submit the annual performance report and other reports to the university.
- Manage program websites, applications, forms, schedules, social networks, and marketing.
- Design and evaluate program policies, procedures, instruments, surveys, and services.
- Automate and validate student intake database to encourage data-based decision making.
- Create manuals, e-learning, presentations, apps, and infrastructure for e-portfolios and Canvas LMS.
Analyst (Consultant) 7/2008 - 12/2008
SmartRevenue, Tampa, FL
- Prepared data for analysis by
labeling it and importing it from Excel into SPSS and cleaning
- Analyzed data by creating variables and running
frequencies, cross tabs, and other SPSS features.
- Used Excel and
PowerPoint to produce client presentations that include charts,
tables, and graphs.
Scientific Editor -5/2005 - 5/2008
University of Florida, Gainesville, FL
- Compiled, wrote, formatted,
and edited manuscripts, presentations, reports, and
- Coordinated multiple grant applications and
monitored multi-million dollar grants.
- Researched, entered,
calculated, graphed, and formatted numerical and textual data.
- Designed, created, and maintained patent and reference databases
with thousands of records.
- Read, deciphered, and assisted with
filing patent applications and correspondence.
installed, and repaired software and hardware.
Technical Writer - 9/2004 - 5/2005
University of Central Florida Public Safety Technology Center, Orlando, FL
- Created and managed online and print
documentation for an IT development group.
- Applied style and
usability standards to plan, write, design, edit, and implement
- Used Word, Excel, Visio, and FastHelp to produce
online help files, IT manuals, and specifications.
developers and interacted with clients to accurately document
- Graduate Certificate - Instructional Technology: Web Design 2011 University of South Florida, Tampa
- Master of Arts -Technical Communication 2005 University of Central Florida, Orlando
Thesis: "Only Screen Deep? Evaluating Aesthetics, Usability, and Satisfaction in Informational Websites"
Honors: Graduate assistantships, Orlando STC Melissa Pellegrin Scholarship, GPA 3.97
- Bachelor of Science - Interdisciplinary Studies- Computer Science, Statistics, and Environmental Studies 2003 University of Central Florida, Orlando
Honors: National Merit Scholar, Provost Scholar, Honors Program, President’s and Dean’s Lists, Florida Academic Scholar, UCF Environmental Society Vice President, Gender Gazette Editor, GPA 3.65
- Society for Technical Communication
- Association of Educational Communication and Technologies
- Florida Association of Educational Opportunity Program Personnel (FAEOPP)
- Southeastern Association of Educational Opportunity Program Personnel (SAEOPP)
Download Resume in PDF , DOC, Portfolio